Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sunset shots

Travelling on one of the most beautiful roads
has one advantage.
i get to see beautiful shades of Mother Nature everyday.
Not that I can capture them all
like the dust storm the other day.
But I can definitely see them and an capture it all in my eyes and my heart.
And then I feel so blessed.

the other day, the commute took longer than usual.
A road accident had caused a traffic jam
and anyone who has been on this route would understand what it would mean
to have a narrow road blocked and then traffic being streamlined.
Right in the peak of the tourist season.

With the bus moving at the snail's pace
I got a good chance to put my Nokia 2730 to use



I began my journey with the sun hiding away in the folds of the grey clouds
But as the journey progressed,
the clouds melted away.
Yes, the dark grey clouds gone


The twilight shades on and across the hills.
The slate and rocks - the hills on this side are rough and rugged.


And this one is from the Pandoh Dam.
I missed my Canon Power shot.
It was beautiful sunset.
Only if I were not in bus, I could have had a better chance at it.
But nevertheless, I was not giving up without clicking another one.
Even though every single passenger was staring at me.


The result was not as promising
for more than a sunset it looked like a forest fire to me.

And in case you are wondering what made me think of forest fires,
it is getting hot and the snow and ice is all melting.
And every now and then, I can see smoke rising away at the distance.
And all this heat has made the water levels of the River Beas rise.
So the first gate of the Pandoh Dam has been opened completely twice in the last week itself.
And I did not let go of the chance of being able to take a picture of it.


It is more breathtaking than it appears here.
It definitely is.

Wishing a wonderful week to you all.
Follow Me on Pinterest

10 comments:

  1. I'm impressed at the quality of pictures. Obviously there have been some awesome technological improvements since the last time I bought a cell phone...

    On a side note. I definitely get what you mean about the passengers staring.

    Where I came from people could not understand that a woman can enjoy book-reading, writing and appreciating nature so much. They just assumed I was crazy or something. I was told I'd never get a man this way. Ironically I met my husband when I was 18. Heh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy for sharing these thoughts. I am so impressed how human psyche works the same way all over the planet.

      Delete
  2. Love that 2nd photo ... it has a lot of interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. That happens to be the best of the lot too because the bus had halted and I had good view and great chance.

      Delete
  3. Lovely series of sunset shots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great photos, Ruby, and I can't tell you how much I love to read your posts. A great week to you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine. It is so heartening to listen from you always. The pleasure is all mine. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  5. I've looked at that first photo several times, and when I am looking at it out the side of eye, I can see a rainbow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder how i missed that one. And I clicked this picture. Thanks a million, Judy.

      Delete

Leave this post rich with your thoughts :)