Saturday, March 3, 2012

3rd March, 2012 : Prompt - Your Neighborhood

Prompt - Your Neighborhood

I love this prompt ...

It was a spotless blue sky ...
sun, more sun and more sun ...
So I could click safely ... I know the results on any other day would have been disaster.

I had a chance to run my camera all around me and
then it was all click, click and click ...

So, let me take you around my neighborhood 
(I have never done so many pics for one prompt as I did for this one)
So, here we go ...
The first one on the list is ...


Yes, a heritage site ...
Age - 486 years only ... the funeral tablets of the royalty ... the tombstones that seek out the blessings of the guardian angels so that the departed may rest in peace.

I had to do an aerial view because I do not think I could have managed the height of some of these tombstones from a closer range.


And needless to say, I feel proud of this neighborhood ...

Second on the list would be ...
A GUN factory
Do not re-read ... I actually said a "gun"


The grey building in this photograph is the Hasbee Gun Factory ...
What is so important about living near a gun factory ...
Oh well, that IS a constant reminder that the gun factories in Mandi town are the sole licensed producers of guns in North India ...
There are other places all over India but search North India ... well, that is going to bring you to my neighborhood.

Then of course, there will be houses (in all shapes and sizes)


But it is not just a concrete jungle out here.
There are sprawling greens too as you can see here 


and here


The building hiding in the trees there is a rest house.

But I do not have to look out that far for the greens. I look down from my window and I find


luxuriant greens right in the heart of our concrete forest.

Photographs by Sony DSC-W80 Cybershot

I know I have been a little biased towards Canon one ever since I did the "night" prompt last month
But I confess I missed it today ...
or rather its 12X zoom
So, you know what label to expect tomorrow...

Have a great day ...










Follow Me on Pinterest

2 comments:

Leave this post rich with your thoughts :)